WIN Math is a career-based, middle and high school mathematics capstone solution aligned to state and local standards. With personalized instruction through a project-based framework, learners apply concepts tied to real-life scenarios in the context of relevant career opportunities. WIN Math is an on-grade level and intervention math solution with Capstone Projects linked to 16 Career Clusters.
WIN Math Courseware Structure
View Sample WIN Math Mission.
- Curriculum for grades 5 – 8 aligned to state standards.
- 21 Capstones in total and all are available to teachers to make differentiation easy.
- Capstone Projects highlight a variety of occupations and career clusters within every domain.
- Pre-test, mid-tests, and post-test are available.
Do you like to solve problems and figure out how things work? Do you like to think about how you could make something cost less, work better, or be safer? If you like the idea of designing some sort of machine, having it made, and then testing it to see how it performs, mechanical engineering may be a good occupation for you.
Mechanical engineers design all sorts of contraptions that move, perform tasks, and help make the world a better place. They help create everything from tiny parts (like a nozzle on your printer) to complex machines (like robots, cars, and the equipment in factories). Mechanical engineers often design something new in an effort to solve a problem or make something more useful.
In this project, you will work in a group to redesign a bicycle. You will choose a design goal, such as making a faster bike, a bike that is better for tricks, or a bike that is more comfortable to ride. The first bicycle was invented in 1817, and believe it or not, it didn’t even have pedals. Thanks to the efforts of mechanical engineers, bicycles have changed a lot since then. Let’s see what your team can do to take a generic bike and make it into something special!
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Building a ‘Green’ Blueprint
- Plotting Python Movement
- Designing Product Packaging
- Creating a Property Valuation Plan
- Identifying Advertising Plans with Social Media
- Determine a Budget for Federal Children’s Vaccine Program