WIN Learning Career Readiness System Release Updates: July 2019
Product enhancements were released to WIN Career Readiness System on the evening of Tuesday, July 09, 2019.
Highlights of Version 2.14.0 release include:
● New Teacher/Administrator Dashboard
● College Readiness Courseware (in Captivate)
● Updated Resource Center
● Bug fixes/enhancements
Non-Learner Dashboard 2.0
WIN Career Readiness System teacher and administrator dashboards have a new look, new navigation, new features, and a new data foundation aligned with Reports 2.0.
Highlights of the new dashboard features
● Ability to select date range of data displayed
● User Profile with detailed information about user permissions and the ability to edit name, username, and password
● Ability to download and print a PDF of the dashboard
● Notifications bell with system wide, and/or portal client specific messaging
● Ability to select which product offering charts you want visible
● Additional data included in product offering charts, such as % earned, % passed, and product offering summary statistics
● Summary statistics across all product offerings
● Information buttons with customizable text about each product offering
● Date and product selections persist
● Improved navigation and usability
● Data alignment with Reports 2.0 (data comes from new data warehouse)
Summary Data Definitions
*All statistics are bound within the date range selected and role permissions of the user.
Number of learners with active enrollments.
Number of learners with activity/session time/score logged.
Number of activity hours logged across all products.
Number of eBadges earned across all products.
Number of certificates of completion earned across all courseware products.
Number of credentials earned across all assessment products.
ACRC Credentials Earned
Arizona’s dashboard will not display independent Certificate/Credentials Earned data. It will only display ACRC Credentials Earned in the Summary. Number of ACRC credentials earned.
Data in Product Offering Charts
Courseware Data *All statistics are bound within the date range selected and role permissions of the user.
Total number of eBadges earned across modules within the product offering.
Summary Certificates Earned
Total number of certificates earned in total (across levels if levels apply) within the product offering.
Student Activity Time
Total activity time across modules within the product offering.
Number of eBadges earned per module. Upon hover, percent that number of eBadges earned represents across all eBadges earned within the product offering. (e.g. 140 RtWC eBadges were earned. 40 were in Applied Mathematics. 29% of RtWC eBadges earned were in Applied Mathematics)
*only in leveled courses
Number of certificates earned at each level (bronze, silver, gold, platinum). Upon hover, percent that number of certificates earned represents across all certificates earned within the product offering. (e.g. 140 RtWC certificates were earned. 40 were Bronze. 29% of RtWC certificates earned were Bronze)
Student Activity Time
Activity time per module. Upon hover, percent that time represents across all modules within the product offering.
Assessment Data *All statistics are bound within the date range selected and role permissions of the user.
Total number of assessments completed within the product offering
Total number of assessments with a passing score within the product offering
Total number of credentials earned (across all levels if levels apply) within the product offering
Number of assessments passed and completed for each assessment within the product offering. Upon hover, shows percent passed for each specific assessment. (e.g. 50 Reading for Information assessments were completed. 40 Reading for Information assessments received a passing score. Percent Passing for Reading for Information is 80%)
Credentials Earned by Level and % of Total
*only in leveled assessments
Number of credentials earned at each level (bronze, silver, gold, platinum). Upon hover, percent that number of credentials earned represents across all credentials earned within the product offering. (e.g. 140 RtWC credentials were earned. 40 were Bronze. 29% of RtWC credentials earned were Bronze)
ACRC Credentials Earned
Arizona’s dashboard will display the ACRC product offering data. The data will show number of ACRC credentials earned and number of assessments passed/completed. Number of assessments will include RtWA and ESSA since they are both required in order to earn the ACRC.
The notifications bell is where notices can be posted for systemwide, and/or portal client specific messaging. The bell will display a green circle when there is a new notification. Once the bell is selected, the notifications will open and the green dot will go away. Users can delete individual notifications by selecting the trash can. While notifications will not disappear unless the user deletes them, the green dot will expire after 30 days.
College Readiness Courseware
College Readiness Courseware has been updated to include some new content and a new user experience.
Learners will access the new College Readiness Courseware by selecting “college readiness courseware” on the learner dashboard.
Once selected, learners will be brought to the College Readiness Courseware landing page where they will access each module.
Learners will see the five modules each presented with a Pretest, Course, and Posttest button. The Learners must complete the pretest for a module in order to unlock the course. Learners must complete the course in order to unlock the posttest. Learners must pass the posttest with at least an 80% to earn the eBadge. Once the learner earns the three math eBadges, he/she will earn the College Readiness Courseware Math Certificate of Completion. Once the learner earns the two ELA eBadges, he/she will earn the College Readiness Courseware ELA Certificate of Completion.
On the learner dashboard, learners will be able to track their progress by seeing which eBadges and certificates they have earned. Learners may also download and print certificates if printing is enabled.
Scores will be captured and reported for each module’s pretest, course, and posttest in Reports 2.0. The course score will reflect the average score of all exercises in the course.
Learner Listing Report
Some things that are different in the new College Readiness Courseware:
● Fresh new look and feel
● Additional Geometry course questions
● Feedback on screen instead of in pop-up
● All content is visible on each screen without scrolling
● Pretest intro combined with pretest; posttest intro combined with posttest
● Learner must pass posttest to earn eBadge (used to be pretest or posttest)
● Reading passages included on screen with a button to open as a PDF in a new window
● Proctors no longer have to reset pretests/posttests
● Audio added with ability to replay
● Coursework will receive actual score (not percentage complete) on reports. Exercises within a module are averaged for one score.
● Improved menu functionality
Updated Resource Center
The WIN Learning Resource Center has a new look and additional resources to support WIN product updates and enhancements. The update applies to the standard Resource Center and all custom Resource Centers.
● General Summary Report: Group total and Grand total added
● Displays College Readiness Courseware data and ELA/Math certificates in all relevant reports
● ACRC credential counts are now included in the General Summary Report
● Fixed bug where Ready to Work Courseware Activity Report CSV export displayed data in incorrect cells (Support Case 140410: SC DEW)
● Added WINCRS ID search field in List and Edit Users
● Not Earned count logic updated to accommodate levels in Ready to Work Courseware:
The definition of Not Earned is “the learner has completed all of the modules required in order to earn a certificate/credential, but has not passed all modules required.” The Not Earned logic for RtWC was not taking into account the courseware levels. In RtWC, you must complete level 3 in all three modules to have the opportunity to earn a certificate therefore the learner must complete but not pass at least level 3 in all three modules to be included in the Not Earned count. The bug was that a learner could complete any level (including levels 1 and 2) to be counted in Not Earned. With the logic fixed, some organizations will see a large decrease in Not Earned associated with RtWC.
For more information or support, contact Support at WIN Learning
To report issues or ask questions about this release, please contact the WIN Learning Help Desk:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 888-717-9461 Option 3
All internal and external support requests are logged and tracked and get routed to the appropriate parties.
Please remember to include a detailed description of the issue, who it impacts, system/environment info, and reproduction steps and an actual due date. If helpful, please include a screenshot.